Musical Jobs of Interest in the area
Institute Coordinator position available for the OCMEA Summer Music Institute.
The Summer Music Institute provides elementary through high school band, chorus, and string students with a two-week large ensemble experience. The program culminates with a free public concert.
The Summer Music Institute is seeking a highly organized individual with excellent intrapersonal skills for the position of Institute Coordinator. The Institute Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of the daily camp operations and final concert.
Work dates: July 9 – 12 and July 16 – 19
Location: Monroe Woodbury High School, Monroe, NY.
July 16 (8:30am – 12:45pm)
July 17 – 19 and July 23 – 26 (9:30am – 12:30pm)
July 26 final concert (5:00pm – 8:30pm)
- on-site registration
- address student/parent queries
- administer and manage paper work
- such as emergency forms, student evaluation forms, and any necessary photocopying.
- general “damage control”
- hire sound technician for the concert
- obtain all equipment needed for
- the concert
- set up ensembles for the performance
- t-shirt distribution
- supervision of campers after camp
- hours until picked up
- prepare and present institute summative
- report to OCMEA Treasurer by July 27
- coordinate with the Institute Administrator
- all camp matters
- substitute for ensemble conductor if needed
Applicant must be a certified public school music teacher and be a member of OCMEA.
To apply: Email the below to Ari Contzius, SMI Artistic Director at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- letter of intent explaining your qualification for this position
- contact information for two references
Application deadline: May 4, 2018.