Musical Jobs of Interest in the area
Tuxedo Park School has an opening for a General Music Teacher – PreK – 3rd Grade
Interested applicants should fill out an Application for Employment here https://www.tuxedoparkschool.org/employment-opportunities
and send the application, a cover letter, and a resume to email@example.com
Job Description Attached.
Thanks so much!
Director of Performing Arts
Director of Bands
Tuxedo Park School
Tuxedo Park School is a co-educational, independent school. Established in 1900 and situated on a 17-acre campus, the school is located in the historic gated community of Tuxedo Park, NY. The school is one of the first schools in the country to specialize in elementary education (pre-K through ninth grade). The school serves families living in Orange and Rockland Counties, NY and Bergen and Passaic Counties, NJ.
General Music Teacher
The Tuxedo Park School is seeking qualified candidates that are engaging and dynamic general music teachers with a talent in communicating with a wide developmental range of students. This candidate will have experience in developing and implementing purposeful instruction that will lead to musically literate students. Teachers are invested in their growth as professionals and respect every member of the community. Teachers are committed to helping students achieve success and to the mission and values of Tuxedo Park School. The position reports to the Associate Head of School for Academics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Music Education
- Master’s Degree preferred
- At least 3 years teaching experience in the subject area of general music
- Ability to analyze student development and appropriately adjust curriculum to meet student needs
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to communicate passionately, clearly and concisely in writing and orally
- Maintains a positive relationship and regular communication with parents to create a secure environment for children
- Highly self-motivated, self-disciplined strong team player with ability to work independently or as part of a larger team
- Professional learner, attending professional development and well read on current research
- Must possess exceptional organizational abilities: perform multiple projects, prioritize and provide attention to detail and respect deadlines
- Must demonstrate awareness of sensitive issues and ability to exercise good judgment in relating to public, faculty and staff, boards, volunteers and donors
- Familiarity with Orff, Kodaly, and Dalcroze methodology
- Must possess proficient piano skill and the ability to accompany rehearsals
- Ability to teach private lessons preferred
- Choral or Musical Theatre experience a plus
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials using appropriate musical pedagogy and facilitate active learning of all students
- Teach general music to Pre-kindergarten – 3rd grade students
- Integrate both choral and instrumental music into the repertoire
- Instruct students how to develop proper vocal technique
- Teach music theory and history as developmentally appropriate for age group
- Prepare each grade for the annual concerts including some evening events
- Utilize the NAfME (National Association for Music Education) Core Music Standards in lesson plans
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students
- Integrate technology into the classroom
- Participate actively in the work of the department and the school on curriculum development and the improvement of student achievement.
- Participate actively in the work of the grade level and across grade levels to coordinate curricular and extracurricular offerings
- Perform additional daily duties that may or may not directly relate to the subject area or licensure field
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- TPS offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package: including optional medical and dental plans; non-contributory life and disability insurance; 403(b) Plan.
Tuxedo Park School is an equal opportunity employer.
St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church is looking for an organist for Sunday mornings beginning mid-June or July,
Stipend is $125 for one Sunday service at 10:30; music is traditional hymns.
If you are interested, please contact The Reverend Peggy Sullivan at: firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 860-778-3095 (cell).