Musical Jobs of Interest in the area
General Music Teacher
The Tuxedo Park School is seeking qualified candidates that are engaging and dynamic general music teachers with a talent in communicating with a wide developmental range of students. This candidate will have experience in developing and implementing purposeful instruction that will lead to musically literate students. Teachers are invested in their growth as professionals and respect every member of the community. Teachers are committed to helping students achieve success and to the mission and values of Tuxedo Park School. The position reports to the Associate Head of School for Academics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Music Education
- At least 3 years teaching experience in the subject area of general music
- Professional learner, attending professional development and well read on current research
- Familiarity with Orff, Kodaly, and Dalcroze methodology
- Must possess proficient piano skill and the ability to accompany rehearsals
- Ability to teach private lessons
- Choral or Musical Theatre experience
- To apply, please fill out an Application for Employment here
Send the application, a cover letter, and resume to Serena Mueller at firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Performing Arts
Director of Bands
Tuxedo Park School
The Cornwall Central School District is seeking additional applicants for Elementary Music Teacher. This is a leave replacement position which will commence immediately and will run through the end of the 2021-2022 school year.
The successful candidate will be responsible for customary duties associated with the position and will be assigned to the Cornwall-on-Hudson Elementary School and the Willow Avenue Elementary School. Candidates must possess the appropriate New York State Music certification. Experience at the Elementary level is preferred. Since we are seeking to expand the candidate pool for this leave replacement opportunity, previous applicants need not apply again to this posting.
Salary will be determined based on the individual’s prior training and level of experience in accordance with the Cornwall Central Teachers’ Association contract.
Please submit resume, letter of interest, transcripts and application on OLAS to:
Mr. Darren Corsetti, Principal
Cornwall-on-Hudson Elementary School
234 Hudson Street
Cornwall-on-Hudson, NY 12520
DIRECTOR OF MUSIC & CHURCH ORGANIST
St. John’s Lutheran Church-Middletown, NY www.stjohnsmiddletown.org
WHAT WE HAVE …. St. John’s has many musically talented parishioners including a brass ensemble, talented flutist, and many beautiful voices to lift up and praise God.
WHAT WE NEED …. A musical leader that will work to bring it all together.
Opportunity to be part of a vibrant congregation to serve God and our community. Seeking a motivated person to musically assist in our worship services and provide leadership and direction with our Sr. Choir. Duties include:
- Sunday worship service 9am & 11am (Sept -June)
- Summer worship service (July & August) Saturday 5:30pm & Sunday 9:30am
- Directing our Sr. Choir (Sept-June)
- Need to be available for Church Holy Day’s, Lenten, Easter & Christmas services
- First right of refusal for Wedding and Funeral events
- Encouraged to coordinate and expand special music programs
Musical equipment includes an ALLEN QUANTUM 3-Manual Electric Organ and a Steinway Baby Grand piano. Our worship service follows the Evangelical Lutheran Liturgical worship style. Salary starting at $15,000 depending on education, experience, and skill level.
Forward your resume and references to email@example.com or contact the church directly at (845) 342-1963.
Steve Kessler is leaving his position as pianist & organist at St. Joachim & St. John’s Churches in Beacon. They are looking for an experienced keyboardist/organist to help support the praise and worship team on Saturday afternoon and Sunday mornings. The ideal candidate will be familiar with the structure of a Catholic Mass service. There is additional compensation for music for weddings and funerals. If interested, please contact Steve at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (845) 728-1516 for further details.
Job Opening – G. Schirmer/ Associated Music Publishers Rental Library
Position: Rental Librarian
Located: Chester NY
Hours: Monday- Friday – 8 am – 4pm
We are seeking someone to work in our Orchestral rental library to assist in sending performance materials to our customers. A music background (preferably trained in classical music) is required along with strong computer skills, ability to climb ladder, lift up to 50lbs or more, have the ability to prioritize and multitask. Must have strong communication skills and works well with others. Applicants must have COVID vaccine.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Emails and Correspondence:
- Answer daily emails from intercompany departments
- Process daily orders to be filled
- Print/Cut/Bind materials
- Package and Ship
Scanning/Cleaning Scanned Materials:
Masters to be scanned and saved in Software database
- Scanned files to be reviewed and “cleaned up” as required
- Check in performance materials as received
Mark in database if set is complete if not send missing parts letters
- Send letters for materials not returned on time
- Organize shelves/materials
- Dust Shelves
- Clean printers and machines
- Destroy/discard unrevised materials
- Clean Floors
Please email your resume to kR@schirmer.com for consideration.
Goshen Intermediate School is currently looking for a .8 Music Teacher.
Responsibilities include 4th Grade Chorus, 5th Grace Chorus and 4th and 5th Grade General Music. The .8 position does include benefits. If interested please apply on olasjobs.org.